Sunday 28 January 2018

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Review

Hi guys!

Today I would like to make a review on brightening treatment which is super effective and you should try it!
Before I bought this treatment serum, I keep thinking over and over whether it is worth me or not. But after watching reviews on Youtube and reading many blog posts review, I keep my faith and order it and really hoping that this will help me since many positive feedbacks received from other users. So, why not?

Description:
This Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a high strength vitamin and blemish formula specially formulated with Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) for reducing the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid (PCA) to balance visible aspects of sebum activity.
This product is specially created for reducing the blemishes and dark spot on skin by lighten the spot where niacinamide is functioning as a brightening agent.
Overall, all of the DECEIM company products are using scientific name of the main ingredients as the brand naming. And I can say most of us might not familiar with the chemical name as well as how does that ingredients work on our skin. But don’t worry because the DECEIM company has already stated the description and direction of use in their official website in theordinary.com.
This niacinamide consists of pH value ranging between 5.50 and 6.50.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Packaging:
It comes in a white packaging box. The content is filled in a small glass bottle and dropper is provided to suck the liquid. All we need to do is suck the liquid with the dropper and put on the palm before applying on the face. But, I just dropped it directly on the face without putting it on palm to reduce the time taken.
Only available in 30ml.

Texture and odour:
It is a white liquid serum. It texture is not too sticky and not too watery. At first I smelled like Innisfree Super Pore Clay Mask. But, then I don’t know how to describe the smell. Sometimes it smells like snail mucus like mostly contain in mask sheet.



Direction:
Apply to entire face morning and evening before cream.
For me, I used it only at night or right before sleep due to its heavy liquid and seem not suitable to be put under makeup if I use it in the morning. Instead, I will use this Niacinamide in the morning when I am indoor or since I do not use it on the previous night, so I will use it in the next morning. And a thing that keep bothering me is my face will feel slightly sticky after application. The only way I did to reduce the stickiness is by applying Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner before applying Niacinamide.

NOTE:  If you are using topical Vitamin C as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with this formula (ideally Vitamin C in PM and this formula in AM).  Otherwise, it will affect the integrity of pure-form Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid). (DECEIM,2018)

Price:
I bought it for RM 40, but not from the official website.  I bought it from The Ordinary’s third party seller in Instagram.

Opinion:
Since I started using Niacinamide, it has really changed my life to a better one after 4 years waiting. Thanks to the magic of The Ordinary, I can smile again and gain my confidence back after suffering from a really long journey of acne. Starting from two months after frequent application, my skin showed some improvements where all of the old and new acne scars lighten and finally gone. There are no more pigmented scars on my face. As well as acne has suddenly comes to a reduction since I used The Ordinary. Yes! Believe or not, The Ordinary has sweep out all the acne scars especially old pigmented scars from many years ago. Miracle! My acne has reduced too! It is just like 2 in 1. Lighten scars and reduce acne(this is my opinion). But, kindly to remind that DECEIM noting:
“ while Niacinamide and Zinc PCA reduce the look of blemishes, and balance sebum activity, neither is a treatment for acne…”
For those who has persistent acne related condition, DECEIM company has recommended the use of Benzoyl Peroxide/ Retinoic Acid. You are not recommended the ongoing use of BHA such as Salicylic Acid for persistent blemishes. For temporary improvement in appearance of blemishes, Salicylic Acid would help. This formulation can be use alongside acne treatment for added visible skin benefits.(DECEIM,2018)
In order to reduce acne, I am using T3 Clindamycin Lotion alongside with this formula has slightly improved my skin conditions.

Pros:
-reduce blemishes
-lighten old and new scars
-reduce acne (my adds-on)

Cons:
-sticky

Recommendation :
5/5 stars
🌟 Will repurchase and don’t think twice because this will really help you! Miracle will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment